Saturday, October 14, 2006

Arman hammers the Universe

While traipsing around the blogosphere today, I came across a blog called "Success Rants," described by the blogger as, "The Blog Space That Unravels, Unspuns and Uplifts." The blogger is apparently a Middle Easterner residing in Melbourne, Australia. He signs his posts, "Arman B." I sense that English is not Arman B’s primary language, but he didn’t let a little thing like that stop him when he set out to give the Universe a piece of his mind. The purpose of his letter, though, was not to criticize the Big U but to thank it (her?) for being there for him.

So here’s the letter (he uploaded it to his blog as a graphic).

Following the letter, Arman explains why he chose to share this missive with his readers: "It might read ‘sappy’ to you... but I can promise you that it's a very significant sort of ‘sappiness’. I am serious. It is important that you start off the year on a note of gratitude. Actually, I will go on to insist that you should do so without a smidgeon (sic) of any sort of self-justifying, self-lamenting excuse whatsoever."

So there you have it: a lesson in gratitude.

And I have to say that the responses to the post in which this letter appeared were even more eloquent, raising the bar for blog-related discourse. The first respondent wrote, "Do you have a hairy nutsack?"

Deep questions, indeed.

Arman wrote this post on December 31, 2005. And he ended the post with some exciting news:

As of this moment: 7:50pm AU/VIC time, 01/01/2005, I am going to finalize some pending negotiation with a number of extremely effective human-beings... who, as your fate might have it, also happen to be some of the brightest, most successful gurus in the field of wealth-building... and then, I am going to be creating what's probably going to be... in all likelihood...

The Single Most Important Report
You Will Ever Read!

Some really exciting times ahead. I will be posting more information on this in a matter of 3 weeks, so, if you have a single drop of prosperity-blood in you, make sure you make coming to this blog a matter of priority.

Alas, the report has yet to show up on Arman’s blog. But I’m sure he’s working on it.

PS – I confess: I found Arman’s blog when I read a comment he wrote to a post on Joe "Mr. Fire" Vitale’s blog. Arman apparently is one of Mr. Fire’s most devoted fans.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was funny... Thanks
Al Diaz

Book: The Titus Concept Money For My Best and Highest Good
Website: www.soar2006.com or www.theonlyoption.net
Seminar: SOAR 2006 The Titus Concept Live Event

Cosmic Connie said...

Thanks, Al. Actually, all kidding aside, I think Arman is harboring some serious writing talent (as well as art talent, apparently). He just needs to refine his writing a bit and get his metaphors under control. But he's young and, I hope, has years of writing ahead of him.

Also, in all fairness, the "nutsack" comment was apparently a carry-over from a discussion on someone else's blog. However, since Arman's blog is moderated, and since he did actually raise some points worthy of serious discussion, I felt he didn't serve himself or his blog well by allowing that comment.

OTOH, maybe "nutsack" is some obscure metaphor that is beyond my understanding... :-)

Steve Salerno said...

You wonder...how many "single most important!" anythings can there be in this life? (Answer: In the world of self-help, I guess the answer is, "As many as gullible consumers will buy.")

Keep up the good work, CosCon.

Cosmic Connie said...

Thanks, Steve! Maybe the true self-help customers are like Alzheimers sufferers and other memory-challenged folks: Every day is truly a new day.