Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Don't blow this chance to make a real difference

Last night I received an urgent email message from the woman who calls herself Phoenix, aka the Spirit Diva. You've met her here on this very blog on numerous occasions (here's one link of several). Actually, last night's message apparently came not from Phoenix/Spirit Diva but from her heart, at least if one is to go by the salutation ("Hello, From My Heart!") and the sign-off ("Love, From My Heart!"). Evidently Spirit Diva's heart likes to use lots of exclamation marks. It also appears to be a bit spelling-challenged.

Anyway, in case you're new to this blog or just sort of forgetful, what Phoenix/Spirit Diva and her heart specialize in is communicating with hurricanes. She has been able to channel numerous storms over the years and has found out something pretty amazing: Hurricanes, despite their destructive potential, really aren't all that different from you and me. All they really want is to be loved.

And that is precisely what Phoenix/SD does with her group meditations: she sends out love and light and peaceful vibes to hurricanes so they will take "the path of least destruction." The email I received last night was an invitation to a group phone meditation, led by Phoenix/SD, to help convince the tempest du jour, Hurricane Dolly, to remain the free-spirited but basically benign gust o'wind that the good Lord intended her to be.

The email included one of Phoenix/SD's standard blurbs about her impressive track record in the area of whipping the wind into shape (or, rather, loving it into its higher potential):

For those who haven't participated with us in the past, please know that our meditations, along with countless others, make a difference. We have successfully participated in prayer and meditation events to transform the path and intensity of several hurricanes and typoons [sic] in the past couple of years, including Dean, Felix, Ivan, Jeanne, Frances, Rita, Wilma and Alberto. We've seen them shift direction and decrease enegy [sic] within minutes of competing [sic] our meditations. We can do it again.

I said this in one of my previous blog posts but think it bears saying again, "Hey, SD, great work with Rita and Wilma, two of the most devastating hurricanes (after Katrina) in recent years!"*

I am pretty sure I know what SD's reply to that would be: the destruction would have been much worse without the earnest efforts of the meditators. I happen to know, however, that they had a little help back in September 2005 with Rita. As I've also mentioned here before, there's another great hurricane communicator right here in Texas who sent a plea out over the Internet to help stop Rita, and by golly, it worked:

That letter got more positive replies than anything I've ever written. Hundreds wrote to me. Thousands forwarded it around the net. The positive energy it generated was like a white tornado of love.

The result was Rita dropped from a terrifying category 5 hurricane to a category 2 by the time it hit land. It changed direction, too. It never hit Houston, which had panicked and evacuated. It never hit here, either.

For the benefit of those who don't know, "here" for that particular hurricane communicator was (and is) the Texas Hill Country, which is rarely in any danger from hurricanes, and wasn't during Rita either. But hey, maybe the Hill Country is under special protection precisely because of the presence of so many enlightened souls. Too bad there weren't more of those evolved types in East Texas and parts of Louisiana, where Rita really showed her dark side.

Anyway, I am sorry to say that by the time I got Phoenix/SD's email last night, it was pretty late and I was busy finishing up my previous blog post about flying cars and such, and I was just too tired to do anything about SD's email. And then this morning, I had a lot of other things to do, such as a Skype conference with a valued client in London, so I didn't have time to post Phoenix/SD's invitation.

I let the day get away and so, unfortunately, the Dolly meditation is long over. For the record, it happened at 11 AM EST, 10 AM Central, 9 AM Mountain, 8 AM Pacific. (To my friends Down Under and in the UK and other far-flung places, I am sorry to be so Americentric with my time zones but I am in kind of a hurry. I have to type fast before the storm hits and our satellite Internet goes kaflooey.)

All is not lost, though. Dolly, which at the time SD sent her email last night was a Category 1 storm, was a Category 2 by the time it hit the Texas coast. In fact it was stronger and did a lot more damage than originally anticipated, but it quickly fell back to a Cat 1 and is expected to weaken to a tropical storm by later this evening. So, hey, maybe the meditation worked – ya think?

As hurricane season really gets underway, I'm sure there will be more storms. And even if you can't join Phoenix/SD's meditations live, you can join them in spirit. Of course it's better if everyone does it together, but even one person doing it can be helpful. Here, according to Phoenix/SD, is all you have to do to communicate with a hurricane:
  • Simply from your heart center send the highest vibration of love. See and feel it flow through you as green light to the heart of [name of hurricane goes here]
  • See her [or him] spinning clockwise
  • See and feel all around her/him, through her/him and in her/him: green, cool, gentle, calm...ocean, water, rain, breezes, lightness
  • See and feel God's light shining through
  • See and feel [name of hurricane] take the path of least destruction
  • Bless her/him and know that all is well
  • And then if you're in the path of the storm, just do yourself a favor and get the f--k out of the way because, I am sorry to tell you, storms don't really listen to idiotic SNAG** babble. The only way to truly reach a storm and convince it to make nice is to send a whole bunch of money in US dollars to Cosmic Connie, care of Whirled Musings.
Ha, ha, just kidding about that last item.

Anyway, if you missed out on your chance to sweet-talk Dolly, do not despair, Dear Ones. This time of year there are always other storms brewing. So I suggest that you print out that little meditation guide and put it on your refrigerator. That way you'll be ready when the next storm rises from the swirling waters. Remember, as Spirit Diva herself says, "Together we can make a difference."

For now, just mix yourself a hurricane (or some nonalcoholic libation, if you're a nondrinker), and let's all raise our glasses in a toast to idiotic SNAG babble...after all, that's what keeps this blog blowing and going!


* By the way, the excuse SD gave for Katrina being so bad was that she (SD) wasn't watching the weather reports closely, and by the time she found out how horridly Katrina was behaving, it was too late to do anything about it. Smooth, SD, smooth!
**SNAG: Sensitive New Age Guy/Gal

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My testimonial:

I only got a couple of hours of sleep the night before doing work for a client, so last night I went to bed a little after eight and didn't get up until six this morning, which is sleeping late for me. My Favorite Husband asked if the storm woke me up at all, and I responded, "What storm?"

Turns out there was a great big thunder-crasher torrential downpour that I somehow managed to sleep right through. Didn't even know it was there. (We live in New England, usually far, far away from hurricanes, and while serious torrential rain is not unheard of, it's relatively rare.)

Yet I must have done SOMETHING in my sleep, since MIRACULOUSLY the storm ebbed and slowed and moved on, leaving my property soggy but unscathed.

Of course you nay-sayers will argue that "that's what storms do ANYWAY, Mojo you twit", but I am certain in my heart that as I lay there snoring and drooling on my pillow I was still sending loving vibes out to the Universe. Because let's face it, *MY* house wasn't struck by lightning or by falling trees like other people's, and you can't argue with RESULTS! (Knock wood.)

I stand before you now as an example of the awesome power of human potential. Still in my bathrobe, perhaps, with my hair all in my eyes and muttering incoherently for coffee, but awesome nonetheless.

Cosmic Connie said...

Mojo, I am beyond excited. I think you can and should harness that miraculous power that dwells within. Why not hold group sleep meditations? With a whole group of like-minded miracle workers drooling and snoring together, there is no telling what could be accomplished.

Remember...
"Together, we can make a difference."

And...
"Dare something worthy."

Those storms don't stand a chance.