Saturday, August 01, 2009

The bright, bold colors of SUCCESS

Dear Ones, I have been inspired. I have dared to dream, and I am now pursuing my passion! My life was changed in one incredible instant when I discovered Madeleine Kay, whose latest book is entitled, Serendipitously Rich...How to Get Delightfully, Delectably, Deliciously Rich (or anything else you want) in 7 Ridiculously Easy Steps. And you just know that this book delivers exactly what it promises, because it has a Foreword by one of the most credible people in the New-Wage industry, a man well-known for telling nothing but the truth and avoiding hype and exaggeration at all costs.

Madeleine's web site and other books are as colorful as the title of her newest opus. She appears to be following in the fine tradition of inspirational artist Sark, except without quite so much illegible scribbling...er...creative calligraphy. However, Miss Madeleine is not afraid to use fonts that resemble childish handwriting, just in case you miss the point that she is filled with childlike wonder and bubbling enthusiasm.

The description on her bio page is also colorful: "Adventurist, unconventional success and motivation coach, and maverick entrepreneur." There sure are a lot of mavericks running around these days. ("Yes! We are all individuals!") Miss Madeleine has also lived on three continents, has been an international fashion model on two of them*, and has enjoyed stints as a university instructor, an ad agency owner, and an actor in film, TV and a music video. And she speaks four languages. [Turn-ons are fast cars, walks on the beach, world peace, and, of course, adverbs. Turn-offs: Negative thoughts, meanies.**]

She has also been listed in Who's Who of American Women and Who's Who of the World.*** But most important of all, she is considered America's leading expert on serendipity, which is the art of having good luck, especially of the unexpected kind. Apparently you can learn to have unexpected good luck by purchasing certain books or other products.

I was utterly blown away by the colorfulness and originality of Madeleine Kay's tag line: "Everything is possible." Wow. Just wow. How did she ever come up with that one?

So far the Amazon reviews of Miss Madeleine's latest work are overwhelmingly positive. Burbles one reviewer named Karen, "This is the best of her books. I recommend it to anyone but especially to my friends who want to be Rich!" Perhaps Karen will come back in a few months and tell us whether or not she or her friends to whom she recommended the book actually got rich using Miss Madeleine's advice.

In keeping with the trend of marketing New-Wage material to younger generations as well (e.g., Rhonda Byrne's soon to be released teen version of The Secret), I think Miss Madeleine should create a version of Serendipitously Rich, or some of her other books, for the juvenile market. Or would that be redundant?****

You pop psycho-analyzers out there have probably already figured out that what is really fueling my post today is envy, which stems from my own chronic underachievement. Yup, busted again, I am. So far, THIS is the only bubble-ectably splendicious, gloriously enthusifying, passion-igniting, joyfully outrageous and outrageously joyful creation I've come up with (and I've even included a link to a more readable version if you need it). And that was YEARS ago. (And now there's someone else using the name "FARK," to boot. But I swear I came up with "Fark," which is of course a play on "Sark," years before I ever heard of Fark.com.)

At any rate, I have tons of catching up to do, cuteness- and colorfulness-wise. So I'm off to buy a jumbo box of crayons!

PPS ~ Here is a superchargedly fantastical shopping source for Miss Madeleine in case she runs out of adverbs for future book titles.
PS ~ Don't get me wrong. I really am a believer in Serendipity, and am not at all ashamed to say that I adore it and enjoy it every year around Christmas time.

* I don't like to brag, but I am an international model as well – a model of gratuitous snarkiness, that is – on not one, not two, but almost certainly more than two continents. I know for a fact that there are Whirled Musings fans in the UK and Australia, and probably a few here in the US too. But as I said, I don't like to brag. (Come to think of it, the pic of Miss Madeleine that is on her web site looks kind of like me in some pics an ex-boyfriend took of me a few years back. (I left my hat on too.))
** I just made up that part about turn-ons/turn-offs.
*** I was invited to be in Who's Who of American Women, but didn't have the bucks to pay for a listing. Still, it was nice of them to think of me. But as I've said, I don't like to brag.
*** And might there be a bit of brand confusion with Stephen Cosgrove's painfully cute series?

2 comments:

Wry14Ever said...

Wow! I am deliciously energized just reading about this serendipitously fantastical opportunity...

I'll be back in Afghanistan next month, then you can say you have a fan in South Asia too...

Cosmic Connie said...

Thanks, Dave, and I'm glad you are energized. You be careful over there. And thank you for all you do.