Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Bat sh-t crazy?

I'm working on a real blog post – yet another follow-up to a wacko promiscuous-sex cult I've written about before
but meanwhile, here's something batty from the world's most respected news source, The Onion:
http://www.theonion.com/content/video/breaking_news_bat_loose_in

And speaking of bats, a well-known New-Wage guru may have hit upon a new discovery (or, rather, the discovery hit upon him): an organic way to expand one's vision, as it were, via bat poop:
http://twitter.com/mrfire/status/4458557210

Who knows what miraculous health-supplement product ideas that incident might have inspired?

And now that we're on the subject of poop, Ron and I found an unfamiliar-looking piece of dark, crumbly, and very interestingly textured poop in our garage the other day. We probably should have shot a few pics of it (would that be considered a "crap shoot"?), but alas, we didn't. We do know that it wasn't the product of one of our domestic quadrupeds, and it wasn't from a possum. After doing several minutes of intensive research on the Net, I found a picture that closely resembled the turd that was in our garage, and the bad news is that it appears to be the work of a skunk (though alternatively, it might be from a raccoon). I am reasonably certain, however, that it wasn't from a bat. 
* * * * *
Now more than ever, your donation is needed
to help keep this Whirled spinning.
Click here to donate via PayPal or debit/credit card.
If that link doesn't work, send PayPal payment directly to

scrivener66@hotmail.com
or to
cosmic.connie@juno.com
If PayPal, be sure to specify that your contribution is a gift. Thank you!

5 comments:

mojo said...

Perhaps I am especially cowardly, but as much as I try to stand up to the occasional bat swooping around inside my house I just can't. They wait until the very last minute before they turn, and they have such perfect control you swear they're gonna hit you. I duck every time....

Of course this might be because I was officially cursed by a bat. I finally caught one little guy who was flying around the living room and picked him up (with gloves on, natch) to carry him outside. I couldn't hear a lot of it, being in the higher registers, but from the squeaking I DID hear, well, let's just say bats are no longer my totem spirit guide animals, if they ever were. The language that little beast used! :o

Cosmic Connie said...

Foul-mouthed they may be, but even so, I think bats are very cute. I just don't want any in my house. Or in my belfry, for that matter.

disillusioned said...

Batting for the other side, here's a nice batty tale:

http://tinyurl.com/y9kvuf6

Cosmic Connie said...

That's a great story, Dis. Humans using echolocation...wow, that ties right in with the dolphin and whale discussion we've been having on another thread. It's all connected...

disillusioned said...

Spooky, it's all coming together now.......